We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor, based in Harrogate. The successful candidate will have experience working with cladding, refurbishment and wall insulation, as well as obtaining a high level of numeracy, excellent communication skills and commercial understanding, Most importantly, you will have a 'can do' attitude!
· Assist with the preparation of tenders and selection of subcontractor,
· Produce budgeted costs for projects over the monthly timeline of the project,
· Analyse client specification to ensure subcontractors are working ‘back-to-back’ with our requirements,
· Placement of subcontract orders, detailing scope of works & project timeframes,
· Review and approval of subcontract works vs quote via issuing payment certificates to Accounts,
· Liaise with client to agree the completion of project milestones / valuations,
· Present monthly updates on project status via operational / finance CVR’s,
· Site visits where required,
· Assist with the production review of programme of works,
· Resolution of any commercial disputes / claims for your assigned projects, issuing early warning notices where applicable,
· Any other reasonable duties that assist the core business.
· High level of numeracy,
· Demonstrates commercial understanding,
· Can do attitude,
· Good communication skills.
Experience & knowledge
· Experience within a commercial / quantity surveying role,
· Knowledge within a similar industry / trades,
· Experience in dealing with subcontractors,
· Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines / objectives,
· High level of understanding with Microsoft Excel.
· A-C grade GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English,
· Experience within a quantity surveying role either as degree or QBE is desirable,
· Experience within a commercial environment,
· Knowledge of MS Office suite, with a heightened understanding of Excel.
Measurement of success
The success in the role will be measured based on the accuracy of predicted project margins and cashflow. The candidate will be expected to identify key issues likely to occur and put in place solutions to prevent these issues and improve the margin / cashflow of the project.